Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Sunday, February 17, 2008

Daughter of York


There are always books which I'm excited about reading. Right now, I have a stack of four or five which are calling to me and I'm trying to decide which to read next. My heart is saying DAUGHTER OF YORK by Anne Easter Smith. Anne's novel, A ROSE FOR THE CROWN, is what started me down the Richard III path -- from which I've never come back. As I've mentioned, I love medieval history and the era of and surrounding Richard III is my absolute favorite. It's my mission in life (okay, it's not exactly a mission -- more like a thought) to educate folks about Richard -- to let them know he was not the monster history has made him to be. My hubby asked how did I really know this -- I said, "it's just a gut feeling". Seriously, what else is there to go on, when it comes down to it? Anyway, I haven't read DAUGHTER OF YORK yet but I'm recommending it highly already.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked A Rose for the Crown as well and am looking forward to Daughter of York. I have several Richard III books on myh TBR pile - I find him fascinating as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Daphne! I, too, have so many books on my TBR pile -- I don't know if I'll get through them all in my lifetime! Most of them are historical fiction -- and VERY LONG -- so I don't get to them as I would wish. But I keep plugging along!! I'm totally in love with Richard III. Strange but true!

    ReplyDelete