Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You scratch my back...

I've learned something very important in my quest (aka pitiful attempts) to get published. Authors really have to get out there to promote themselves -- by any means possible. Whether it's by blogs, forums, websites, personal appearances -- and, maybe, even more importantly, by promoting themselves on other people's sites. Though, I'm not published and don't know if I'll ever be, I already understand the need to be out there as much as possible.

Sometimes this is done rather passively. For instance, any time I post on a blog, I can make my username a link back to this blog or to my forum. If anyone clicks on it, here they are (and hello, if you did!).

You will notice that I have several blogs or sites listed (to the right). I add to the list as I find blogs/forums that interest me -- and, sometimes, because I've listed a blog here, I'll find that that blogger will also add mine to their list. This is a classic case of "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".

Though I wouldn't add a link here just for the purpose of being listed on someone else's blog/forum (and I definitely wouldn't add anything offensive), I would like to say a big thank you for anyone who's added me to their blog or forum. It's greatly appreciated!! I hope that we all can help each other in whatever way possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment