Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Addicted

I'm addicted. And I need to stop.

Back in the dark ages (meaning when I got married), there was no such thing as "online" -- you went to the store of your choice, you made your list and anybody who wanted to buy you something had to trek down to the same store to make a purchase. Today, everything is on the computer. A bride doesn't even have to go to the store to make her choices -- she can do it all from the comfort of her home, if she so wishes.

Anyway, because the registries are now online, you can immediately see what's been purchased (you can't tell who bought something, only what). And that's what I'm addicted to. I have to look! I just have to! And, of course, so can my daughter. She called last night, very excited because someone had purchased a 10-piece set of Rachael Ray cookware!! I have to say I'd already seen it and was equally excited -- especially since the set was somewhat expensive (well, compared to other gifts).

My husband said, "You're enjoying this wedding, aren't you?"

I guess I am.

I hope I can still say that on June 14!!


No comments:

Post a Comment