Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Thursday, August 7, 2008

Heartbeats

I spent most of the morning with my husband in the emergency room. He'd been having some heart issues -- which he's been ignoring -- for those who don't know, he's a physician and they are the worst at actually seeing a doctor about a problem. Anyway, he's okay but is going to have to have a complete cardiac workup -- whether he likes it or not. It scared me but not too bad. I seem to have a significant amount of faith that things will be okay during times like this. That's not bragging -- it's just a statement of fact. I couldn't tell you, though, what my attitude would be if the news had not been good. Have not been there, have not done that. I've gone through the death of my father, the death of in-laws, but have never experienced what it would be like to lose a spouse. I know that one day one of us will experience that. Don't know if it'll be me or him but, unless we die together, one of us will be left to grieve. Anyway, don't mean to be so maudlin but sometimes it just bees like that. August 8th is our 27th wedding anniversary. God willing and the creek don't rise, we'll have another 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment