Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Monday, September 22, 2008

Stuff

I got to see Craig Ferguson (THE LATE, LATE SHOW) in person last Friday night. I was hoping that he might sign autographs after the show but, alas, he did not -- I took his book, BETWEEN THE BRIDGE AND THE RIVER, with me, just in case -- and, yes, I really did read it! Anyway, he looked (and acted) very much like he does on TV -- we had seats in the 3rd row so we were able to watch the sweat trickle down his neck. This makes two funny guys I've seen live in less than six months -- Craig and Eddie Izzard. Must be some kind of record. Now, I'm looking forward to seeing Three Dog Night, performing with the local symphony here in my hometown (yeah, no driving!!). That will really be a flashback -- considering the last time I saw them, I was in 6th grade. And, no, I don't want to add up how long that's been. Suffice it to say, a helluva long time.

Anyway, back to Craig. I'm very happy to report that he skewered Hollywood and he chastised celebrities for talking about stuff (mainly politics) that they really know very little about. Said they should all just shut the @#*! up. I'm in total agreement. I mean, I don't care if celebs want to talk about who they're going to vote for or even why -- they have that right just like I do -- but when they start spouting off half-truths and downright lies, then I've had enough. Of course, I can also say that about anybody -- celeb or not.

I've really been perturbed about all the book bloggers (there must be a million of them!) who have gleefully insisted that Sarah Palin tried to ban books from the Wasilla library. For the whole story, go here. And, while you're at it, check FactCheck for other facts as well -- on both sides of the political spectrum

No comments:

Post a Comment