Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Monday, October 6, 2008

Firelight


Have you ever gotten hooked on an actor because of one film? I have -- plenty of times -- and, with my old love, Gerard Butler, it was actually an interview on TV which did it (so, should I just admit right here that it wasn't his talent which grabbed me?) Anyway, I love historical dramas (which makes sense, since I love those kinds of novels the best) and one day I told my trusty TiVo to record a film called FIRELIGHT. Even after I recorded it, it was awhile before I got around to actually watching it but when I did...sigh...

The film stars the beautiful Sophie Marceau (you might recognize her as Princess Isabelle from BRAVEHEART) and the incomparable Stephen Dillane. This time I can say honestly say it's Mr. Dillane's acting which brings me back to him again and again though I'd be lying through my teeth if I didn't admit that I find him irresistable. As Thomas Jefferson in JOHN ADAMS (for which he was nominated for an Emmy), he made at least one of our Founding Fathers sexy as hell. And, as Charles Godwin (FIRELIGHT) he is superb as a man, longing for a child and...

Well, you just need to watch it. I think it's one of the sexiest films I've ever seen -- and with very little nudity or vulgar language.

No comments:

Post a Comment