Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Food for thought

Imagination Prompt:

You have to bring some food to a party. What's it going to be?

I remember someone asking me, years ago, what my family ate since I didn't cook. Well, there's a big difference between not cooking and not liking to cook. Nobody starved, I can tell you that -- they may have had more chicken fingers and french fries than my more kitchen-friendly acquaintances but they had plenty to eat -- and I dare any of them to say they didn't!!

So, then, what do I do if I need to take something to a party? Well, first of all, I'm probably groaning about having to go to a party. But, once I've reconciled to going, I might just stop by the grocery store on the way, hoping something delicious is waiting for me in the deli/bakery but, if I were to actually make something, it would probably be either "Dirty Rice" (made with French Onion soup and Consomme) or a corn casserole -- or a casserole involving potatoes. Lots of potatoes (when I die, plant me in a field of potatoes. No, wait, I want to be cremated -- so roast me with them instead). If it were more of a finger food type party, then I probably would buy something -- like those little quiche-thingees or sausage something-or-others.

Jeez, I don't even know the names of food. But, hey, where would the cooks of the world be without people who appreciate eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment