Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dear Me

From Sunday Scribblings:

Dear Past Me, Dear Future Me...


Dear Past me:

It's in the past. Forgive and forget. Learn from your mistakes. And from your triumphs.

Dear Future me:

Pretty much the same thing. The future will eventually be the past.

With love,

Me

3 comments:

  1. I thought about all the words I could say but then realized the past is gone and all I can do is hope not to repeat the bad things and cherish the good. If we can just do that, we've really accomplished something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The future will soon be the past! I like that.

    I think we all have things in our past we'd rather not remember. Forgiveness is important if we are to move forward as opposed to just getting older - but it can be very difficult.

    ReplyDelete