Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Daily Poop

It's safe to say that, around my house, cleaning is done with a fair amount of disdain and disgust. I just don't like to do it -- hate it, as a matter of fact. Can always think of a dozen other things I'd rather be doing -- and usually do them instead. Which means my house is usually full of clutter and dog hair. Okay, it's always full of dog hair -- and anybody who comes in here might as well know they're going to leave with some on them. Plenty, as a matter of fact. It used to be all black or white - now there are also lovely shades of brown.

Right now, adding to the general clutter are books. They're everywhere. I've had to turn an unused bedroom upstairs into a library -- I take all of my already-read-but-want-to-keep books up there, as well as some reference books. In the downstairs guest bedroom, a full-wall bookshelf, which was here when we bought the house, serves as my TBR (to-be-read) pile. In various other areas of the house are bookshelves which serve as "specialty" areas -- like medieval or American history.

Recently, I've pulled down a bunch of boxes, full of books, from the attic. My original plan was to have a yard sale but the fact that I've never had one (and the idea is overwhelming) and also that nobody really wants to help out has put that way back on the back burner. But, as I've written about already, I discovered Paperbackswap and I've unloaded a bunch of them that way -- of course, I now have credits (about 40, so far) which will bring in more books s0 I don't know if I'm doing myself any favors (but it's fun!) Today, I'm going with a church member over to the Veteran's Adminstration Hospital and am taking a bunch of books for the soldiers who are there -- they are mostly paperback Star Wars and Star Trek books so I hope they'll get some use out of them. Lord knows I never read them -- they were purchased during my SW and ST craze -- had to have them but discovered that while I loved the movies/shows, I didn't like reading that type of novel.

From time to time, I get a wild hare (I've never actually written that term before and had to look it up to figure out if it was hair or hare) and decide to change things around here and at my forum. I've housecleaned a tiny bit on this blog today -- which is why you see new posts about my favorite authors and writing websites/blogs. I've left a link, on the right hand side, where these can be easily accessed but won't be taking up space (and may do that with some other links, eventually). I hate going to blogs which are too "busy" so don't want this one to get that way -- for the record, I also don't like blogs/websites with music or sounds on them which is why my volume is almost always on mute.

Anyway, my house is a mess, the yard guy is fixing to come so the dogs will be going crazy and, worse, I've got to leave them for a little while to go crazy by themselves. No telling what I'll have to clean up when I get back but I won't go there in graphic detail. I'm sure your imagination will serve you just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment