Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Friday, June 19, 2009

Celebrity Wipeout

I've been watching I'm a Celebrity...Get me out of here... I decided to watch this based solely on the participation of "Jungle Boy" Sanjaya (erstwhile American Idol contestant). The show is fairly dumb and not really very exciting -- yet, I'm watching it like I would a train wreck -- I simply cannot look away. Of course, like any reality show, I can't help but wonder, what's real and what isn't? How much of this is hamming it up for the camera? Well, either way, there are crazy pseudo-celebrities down in Costa Rica swimming with (baby) crocodiles and handling snakes -- so they've got one up on me right there.

My other love, at the moment, is a show called Wipeout. This isn't in my normal interest area either but I caught a portion of an episode last year and I was hooked. Why, I ask you, is it funny to watch people appear to have broken every bone in their body? Part of the charm of the show is host John Hensen -- funny guy. The other host -- another John (Anderson) -- does a great job as straight man, though sometimes his dry delivery cracks me up, too. My whole family (well, the three of us at home now) watch this show. We're just fascinated, I suppose, with big balls.

Anyway, maybe the next logical step is Celebrity Wipeout.

I'd watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment