Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Friday, June 5, 2009

Writing Goofs

I posted a chapter of my latest work-in-progress today. About twenty minutes after I did, I thought, "oops, that was not right..."

You see, there was a sentence in that chapter which probably shouldn't have been there. This has happened before -- it's usually something simple like using the wrong name, a misspelling or something not quite matching something which was already written -- most of the time, these mistake are easy to fix. All writers, I assume, have editing goofs (and sometimes there are goofs even after the book is published and on the shelves).

Anyway, I've spent the last few minutes fretting over whether I need to go in and change that sentence -- not too many folks have read it yet so it wouldn't be a big deal.

Or would it?

Because now that I think about it, it was probably one of those Freudian slip things. Something which will serve a purpose which I didn't think about and which will actually do more good than harm...

Maybe.

We'll see.

But I've decided not to change it.

2 comments:

  1. Well, now you have me curious! Off to check it out ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the end, it bugged me too much so I changed it...

    ReplyDelete