Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Some are angels...

Over to the right, you can see a painting I commissioned from artist Angela C. Alexander. Mark and I had purchased a couple of her prints on a visit to Asheville, NC. Then, on a subsequent visit, we met her and, after talking to her awhile, I decided I wanted to commemorate my black and white gang, figuring this might be the only time when all of my dogs were those colors.

I've had the painting since last autumn and had planned to write about it and put up a photo immediately. But, as things happen, I got busy and, then suddenly, we learned that Butler had cancer and within a couple of weeks he was gone. Such was the grief that any thought of sharing the painting -- though it hung on my wall -- and still does -- just went out the window. Months went by and then suddenly Darcy was gone as well. Two beloved dogs unexpectedly gone. Two dogs which I would have never thought would be the first to go. If you'd like to read about them -- and my other pups -- please click on canines in the label list.

So, now three out of the original five remain and two more (Liesl & Neville) have joined the family -- I may have to look into getting them immortalized as well.

Why I chose to share this today, I have no idea. But I've had a lot of moments, lately, of doing things without knowing why, then later realizing there was a purpose. So, if there is one, I'll let you know.

God is always working behind the scenes.

(From left to right: Butler, Darcy, Clayton, Madigan, Spencer)

No comments:

Post a Comment