Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Reading List

I can't compete with all the book bloggers out there who read hundreds of books every year but here's my list for 2011. I'll add to it as I read (you can access this post from a link under "Go here for...") I don't really do reviews but if you see anything I've read that you'd like to know more about, please ask and I'll give you my opinion. I also have a list on Facebook and I sometimes add a few thoughts there. Some of these books go right back on Paperbackswap after I've read them -- so if you're a member of PBS, look me up (LIS859). And, if you decide to join PBS, please consider clicking on the PBS link (on the right-hand side). I will get a couple of credits if you join that way!!

Fiction

Before Versailles
The Dress Lodger
Out of the Blackout
The Last Witchfinder
Wicked Company
Daughters of the Witching Hill
The Exile of Sara Stevenson
The Soldier's Wife
Eve
To Dance With Kings
The Wet Nurse's Tale
The Tory Widow
The Queen of Last Hopes
The Sultan's Seal
Leonardo's Swans
Wench
Figures in Silk
Morality Play
Midwife of the Blue Ridge
O, Juliet
An Echo in the Bone
The Ultimate Gift 
Grave's End 
The Canterbury Papers 

Non-fiction

 Holy Ghostbusters: A Parson's Encounters with the Paranormal
The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England
Ghost Stories of Philadelphia, PA 
Put the Needle on the Record




No comments:

Post a Comment