Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Enough

I'm pretty well sick of this but...I love Chick-Fil-A...I also love another local restaurant which is run by people who are not of my same faith and who have differing ideas and opinions. I guess, since they hold even stronger beliefs against same-sex marriage, they ought to be boycotted, too? Right? Wouldn't that be the politically correct thing to do?

Personally, I really don't have an issue with anybody getting married, as long as it's between consenting adults -- I think we have a lot bigger problems in our country than who marries who -- but I will defend Dan Cathy's (or anyone's) right to state his beliefs, especially as it has nothing to do with whom Chick-Fil-A hires or serves.
What you believe is up to you so if you don't like what he had to say, then go somewhere else. Easy as lemon pie.

And more chicken for me.


And, don't forget that each Chick-Fil-A restaurant is operated by an individual who is trying to make a living. So, boycott all you want but just remember who you might actually be hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment