Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Taking On

In years past, I have given up something for Lent -- usually a type of food. Honestly, though, it never felt like anything other than a competition with myself to see if I could actually do it. So, this Ash Wednesday, I am going to try to take something "on" instead of giving something "up". I am going to take on teaching myself that I can't please everybody. I am going to take on convincing myself that I am not the only source of another person's happiness. And I am working on letting go of the guilt that accrues when you believe that you have to do both of those all the time but feel that you fail miserably. Because somewhere in there, I lost myself. So I am taking on me. Selfish? Maybe. But I am figuring out that in order to be the Child of God, woman, wife, mother, daughter and grandmother that I am meant to be, it's where I have to start.Bookmark and Share

4 comments: