Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back to our original schedule...

I have to admit I'm not much of an Alec Baldwin fan. It's not because his political views differ from mine -- hell, if I disliked actors because of that, I wouldn't care for too many of them -- it's because of how he comes across - you know the old but true line -- it's not what you say but how you say it. But, last weekend, he appeared on Saturday Night Live in a skit with (the real) Sarah Palin -- it was funny and I thought it was really a cool thing for him to do, considering his political persuasions. However, some folks out there have castigated him for appearing anywhere near her -- as if proximity means he's gone over to the other (dark?) side. Good Lord, it's a comedy show. Once again I say, get a grip, people. Anyway, I've never given Alec much thought but today I'm proclaiming him a classy guy.

On the other hand, I'm proclaiming Jon Stewart a very unclassy guy. His diatribe on The Daily Show was totally absurd. If he wants to disagree with Ms. Palin (and every Republican in the whole wide world), be my guest. But be couth about it. Is it really so hard? Apparently so.

Seriously, what's wrong with people?

No comments:

Post a Comment