Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Half and Half


So, are you one of those people who always sees the glass as half-full -- or one who sees it as half-empty?

I have to admit I tend to be the half-empty type. I think I learned it at the feet of my parental unit and I've spent a lot of years trying to break into the half-full territory. My excuse is that I always like to mull over all the bad things that could happen -- just so I'm prepared if they do. If only wonderful things happen, then that's just icing on the cake. Probably not a very good excuse but it's the only one I have at the present.

I'm one of those people who might say, on the eve of some outdoor function, "oh, I hope it doesn't rain". A half-full person would likely reply, "oh, think positive -- it'll be sunny!" I want to jump on those folk's heads and beat them about their necks and shoulders. Why not just say, "Hey, me too!" Say it in a cheery half-full voice and then we've both made our point.

Anyway, I've decided that the half-empty people are here for a grander purpose -- so that the half-full people can feel superior.

So, you see, we're all needed to make the world go 'round!

No comments:

Post a Comment