Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Friday, November 14, 2008

Thunderation



I just looked up the word "thunderation" on dictionary.com expecting to find nothing but instead found this:

an exclamation of surprise or petulance.

Hmmm...and here I was thinking I'd made the word up. I've made up a few -- like angravation (a combination of "angry" and "aggravation") or nooch (what a dog does with his mouth to other parts of his body).

This was supposed to be about rain and thunder -- which we've had a lot of down here in these parts for the last couple of days -- I love it -- maybe I'm weird but I prefer rainy days to almost any other.

But I think the question now is -- have you made up any words -- words which other people now use because they've heard you use them?

No comments:

Post a Comment