Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Friday, February 20, 2009

Sixteen going on seventeen...


There are some things which are hard to believe. That I'll be 50 in August (my head says, no way, dude! -- my body says, yep). That I have a married daughter (which means I also have a son-in-law -- which makes me a mother-in-law). That I have a son who's taller than his dad. And that my baby girl, Carrie, will be 17 years old tomorrow. Seems like only yesterday, I was in the hospital while the folks there worked valiantly to make her not come out. She was due, you see, on April 13.

She weighed 4 pounds 5 oz and was all of 17 inches long. It was several weeks before we actually brought her home -- they wanted her to be at least 5 pounds before she went out in the real world. Now, 17 years later, she's a junior in high school, plays volleyball (like her big sister) and -- another thing on the hard to believe list -- will go off to college in a year and a half.

Well, if she ever gets her driver's license.

Tomorrow is another out-of-town volleyball tournament-- which means getting up early, possibly getting home late. So, Happy Birthday, Carebear, a day early

No comments:

Post a Comment