Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I have your dog

I have somebody's dog.

He was taken to a high-kill animal shelter with a collar but no identification, nor was he microchipped. He was filthy. A rescue group got him out of there and he ended up with his picture on Petfinder.

And then I saw his face.

Wasn't really in the market for another dog but, hey, what are you going to do?

I know some things just happen. Well-loved children slip out and end up, tragically, in a pool. Teenagers who have been taught better drive like maniacs or experiment with drugs or alcohol and end up dead. People make stupid choices for all kinds of reasons.

And, sometimes, a dog will slip out and run away. And, maybe he runs so fast and so hard that you couldn't catch him.

But you could have checked the pound or the humane society.

But nobody seems to have done that for this pup. A full-blooded pup.

He is already house-trained. He sits on command. Somebody taught him.

And, somebody loved him, I presume.

So, if you're wondering what happened to him, you can stop worrying.

I have your dog.

He's in my house and will be spoiled rotten all the days of his life.

He's mine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment