Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Friday, September 11, 2009

The Pit

To stand before
The pit
And not waver.
To shed a tear
But not fall.
To feel the whisper
Of angels
And listen.
To be still
And remember it all.
To know that
Hope still lingers
To feel the
Blood rush
Through living veins.
To learn the lesson
And move forward
To feel at peace again.
This is my prayer,
While defying
The specter
Of catastrophe and doom,
That one voice
Can mingle
With millions
And this spot become
A healing room.


I put this poem on the fence at the church across from Ground Zero in July, 2002. They have said that they kept everything that was put there so I'm assuming it's filed away somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment