Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Time for another David Lee Smith post...

It's that time of year again -- time for the new season of TV to begin -- and that means I'm on the lookout for David Lee Smith in, well, anything. My biggest hope is, as always, CSI:Miami -- David plays Rick Stetler, an occasional character who ought to be on there every week, as far as I'm concerned. Here's where I make another plea for CSI: New Orleans. Or CSI: Atlanta. Or CSI:Houston.

I did get a thrill during the summer, though, when David popped up in the Hallmark movie, Mending Fences -- and was in almost every scene. Although the movie was set in Nevada, David's southern accent slipped through -- and that's always a bonus -- especially for someone like me who talks just like he does. I think I actually heard him say "git" in this movie -- my dream is to hear the words "fixin' to" come out of his mouth.

I'm working on a story right now in which I use David as my muse -- which mostly means I use the way he looks (including Mr. Mole), the way he sounds -- but next to nothing about his private life -- which I know very little about, anyway -- other than a tidbit or two which nobody but another fangurl would even get. Not sure if the story will go the distance -- it's too early to tell. And, oh, yeah, I'm setting it in Birmingham. That would be 'Bama, y'all.

Anyway, I'm posting this today because it's David's birthday -- so happy birthday, wherever you are. I hope you're working on something that will be on my TV screen very, very soon -- I do go into withdrawal, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment