Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bloodsuckers

I love vampires. I always have. I think it must have started when I watched DARK SHADOWS as a child. I remember running home every day after school to watch it -- and the day it ended, I cried like a baby. I must have been 11 or 12. Back then, there was no internet to tell you when your favorite show was about to end its run so I was blindsided. It was a corny show but it had some scary moments. My favorite memories are of Daphne (Kate Jackson) , Quentin (David Selby) and Gerard (James Storm). There were also a couple of feature movies made and, later, an updated series, which didn't last very long. The thing is the feel of DS just can't be replicated today. Anyway, I just finished the third novel in the Gardella Vampire Chronicles and it made me wonder why I don't read more vampire fiction. After all, I'm trying to get my own vampire novel published and I love them so! Anyway, I guess it's because, as with everything else I read, I'm very particular. I'm not crazy about modern vampire stories (or modern anything although, again, I write stories set in modern times -- so what gives?!) I'm not interested in page after page of neck-biting and blood-gushing. I tend to want the vampire to be redeemed, which doesn't tend to happen very often. Well, maybe I need to discover more vampire books that fit my criteria. Or maybe I just need to write another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment