Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Thursday, March 20, 2008

John Adams

My favorite era of history is the medieval period but, after that, it has to be the American Revolution. This month, on HBO, the miniseries JOHN ADAMS is playing and, after two episodes, I can truly say I'm hooked. Of course, I also am crazy about Brit actor, Stephen Dillane, who's playing Thomas Jefferson -- as I put it over on IMBD, he's like "cotton candy in a sea of popcorn". I don't know exactly what I meant but I think it means I like him. A lot.

2 comments:

  1. This does sound interesting! I don't have HBO, but I may try to get it it it comes out on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have one of those digital packages with our cable company and get a slew of movie channels. Still it's rare to find something worth watching (I have been able, though, to catch up on a lot of movies I missed). HBO, though, is my favorite, as far as miniseries go -- they've always done an excellent job (at least with the ones I've watched). With all the channels we get, though, we don't get SHOWTIME -- so I've yet to see THE TUDORS -- so I'll probably end up getting that on DVD eventually. I think that JOHN ADAMS is probably truer to history than THE TUDORS! I still need to get THROUGH TEMPEST FORGED -- sounds like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete