Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Thursday, August 14, 2008

Soapbox

I love dogs. I have five at the present -- have had five for several years but the faces have changed as we've lost and added. I've never gotten rid of a dog for any reason -- even the one who bit my eldest in the face when she was three years old (she's 23 now and, unless you knew about it -- which you now do -- you couldn't find the scars). I guess you could say a dog would have to be consistently vicious for me to do something as drastic as give it away. I don't think I could ever take a dog to the pound -- I just don't have it in me, knowing what the likely fate would be. Anyway, the staggering number of dogs and cats which are euthanized each year boggles my mind. I've written more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment