Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Monday, September 8, 2008

Missing: Sense of Humor

Here's the main thing I will hate about the weeks leading up to the election:

People either lose their sense of humor or they try to be funny by using what they think is biting, sarcastic, intelligent wit. I'm not much interested in it, either way. I'm also not interested in all the mega-bashing which now will begin. Both sides will be guilty and both sides will often be wrong. There's much not to like in this election but I'm always careful not to refer to the candidates or to their supporters as "idiots" or "morons" or any of a number of epithets which people use while they are trying to be the above-mentioned witty. If you have to resort to name-calling, guess what -- you're not witty.

I'll just be glad when it's over. Either way, some of us will be happy, some won't. But the way I look at it, it's in God's hand, no matter what.

1 comment: