Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Here on Earth

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the US -- a day that most people spend with family or friends -- and stuffing themselves with turkey or other various edibles. It is pretty much a secular holiday these days though that's not the way it began. In case you were wondering, it was Abraham Lincoln who made the holiday official -- it's always the 4th Thursday in November. Like many folks, we will be traveling tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with extended family. While there are times I'd like to stay home, I'm thankful not to have to cook!

While I'm speaking of giving thanks, I'd really like to thank all of my loyal readers. This blog doesn't have a lot of traffic but my forum -- which has been in existence for several years -- has much more. I'm so appreciative of all the people who have supported me in my writing endeavors -- who have read my novels and given me feedback, who've told me something made them laugh -- or cry. While the road to publishing is hard (and I haven't tread upon it the way I should), the encouragement I've been given will stay with me always and you will always have a special place in my heart -- even if I can't call you all by name.

Other things I'm thankful for-- my family, friends, relative health, dogs, computer, TiVo, freedom and faith. No matter what, God has it under control, even when it seems like chaos here on earth.

So, wherever you are -- either in the US or elsewhere -- make sure that you tell someone today why you are thankful for them!! Trust me, it will make their day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment