Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Thursday, December 25, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Now that the presents are unwrapped and the breakfast eaten -- and while everyone is either getting dressed or taking a shower -- I thought I'd come wish everyone a very merry Christmas. I hope that, wherever you are and whoever you're with, that you are having a blessed day.

I fear that the true meaning of Christmas gets lost amongst the discarded wrapping paper and, even though we still spent too much this year, we actually pared our list down a bit. I wish I could get my kids to donate to a worthy cause rather than give me gifts -- I wish my hubby would do that, as well. I'm really at the stage where there isn't much I want or need -- other than books (which is mostly what I got this year -- including a hardcover of Elizabeth's Chadwick's, THE GREATEST KNIGHT -- yeah!). That one will be next on my reading list after Sandra Worth's, THE KING'S DAUGHTER).

Anyway, we have the newlyweds with us, celebrating their first Christmas as a married couple. I'm still trying to get it around my brain that I'm mother-in-law! Last night, at the Christmas Eve service at our church, the minister pulled Shannon and Greg from the congregation and had them open the "gift" of baby Jesus, who they then placed in the manger. Shannon was wearing huge heels (and she's 5'10" in her bare feet) -- I'm sure, had she known she'd be climbing the steps where she stood six months ago saying "I will", she wouldn't have worn them!

My son, Wesley, is here. And, of course, Carrie, still hurting from the loss of Butler. If dogs can "wish", I'm sure he would have wished that we carry on. I wrapped up their gifts (dog treats) and they all had fun opening -- and eating -- them. Liesl, her first Christmas with us -- well, ever -- was right in the thick of it.

Thank you to all who visit this blog and/or my forum. I appreciate your steadfastness as I continue to write and work on being published. I don't think I have the fire in me to really push for publishing -- but maybe, eventually, I'll try harder. But I thank all of you who have read and commented on my work -- it's all of you who make me feel that I have, at least, a wee bit of talent.

As I'm writing this, I am perspiring -- I just turned on the AC -- it's only 65 degrees outside but it's very warm for Christmas. And that, for me, is just frightful. Sometimes I think I'm going to have to move to a cooler clime or I will melt away.

I wish you Christmas joy and family fun -- and I hope you received everything you wished for (and maybe something wonderful that you didn't!)

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment