Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Greenery

From The One-Minute Writer:

What makes you green with envy?

Honestly, nothing. Sure, I see something someone else has and I might want it -- but I never think of it in terms of "I wish I had that and she didn't". To me, that's what real envy is -- and I don't think it's a very healthy emotion. I could never imagine wishing someone didn't have something so that I could. My mind just doesn't work that way. If someone has something -- by sheer luck or by working hard for it -- more power to them. Why should I be jealous of someone else's good fortune?

In other news. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm wearing a green sweater and...well, that's about it but Erin Go Bragh anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment