Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Thursday, May 21, 2009

On further reflection

I admit I spent all of Thursday in a disgruntled state. I guess it's human nature that we want to win -- and we want those we care about to win, as well.

But, upon further reflection, the same thing rings true for Adam Lambert as it did for Clay Aiken (now, there's a pair -- duet, anyone?). It's a far, far better thing that Adam did not win the American Idol title -- because now he is free of it (well, I guess once the tour is over). He will not be locked into the exclusive winner contract or under the control of AI management. This is a good thing.

I'm not much of one for conspiracy theories but there are things about AI that just don't ring true. But, as long as the show is a moneymaker, they are not going to change the formula. And, we, the audience, will be drawn back in again and again. Well, I say I'm not going to watch again and I hope I don't cave. Remind me of this when next season rolls around.

I have a feeling Mr. Lambert may be breathing a bit easier now that it's over -- other than thinking about the stupid routines he'll have to perform for the tour. I've been to an AI concert before and, while it was fun, it's also cheesy and I couldn't help thinking some of those folks couldn't wait for it to be over. Of course, for some of them, it was the last hurrah -- they may have been in the Top Ten but now they're back living their "regular" lives but always with "former Top Ten American Idol contestant" attached to their names. Could be worse.

At any rate, I'll definitely be letting you know how it goes. 'Cause I'm going to Charlotte, you know...

Now, hopefully, I can post about something completely different -- for your sake -- and mine.

Just waiting for that last bit of Lambertitis to clear up.

No comments:

Post a Comment