Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yesterday, today and tomorrow...

Yesterday was a long day. I spent over four hours with my mother in the emergency room. She'd been complaining of stomach pain (along with enough other things that I lose count) on and off but she called me early in the morning and said the pain was much worse. Anyway, at this point, there wasn't much point in going to her primary care doctor because the only thing she could have really done, anyway, was send her over to the hospital for tests. By going to the ER, it was like "one stop shopping" because they did everything right there -- including a CT scan which showed she has diverticulitis. So, she's on medication and a restricted diet for a few days and she should be feeling better soon. This is likely to flare up again but at least now she knows what it is. If she doesn't get to feeling significantly better, we may have to put her in the hospital for one or two nights.

Mark is sick today. Of course, he has to be unable to get out of bed before he'll stay home. If he has to cancel procedures or appointments, then his patients get upset and then he has a lot of catch-up to do, even for one day. This seems to be a cold -- he says he thinks he caught it from Wesley, who he saw last weekend. I reminded him that Wesley was diagnosed with H1N1 (though whether that was what it actually was, I have no idea). Whatever it is, I hope Carrie and I can avoid it.

I got my temporary crown this morning -- it wasn't too bad -- lots of drilling but I didn't feel a thing. The left side of my mouth and lips are still pretty numb but it's getting better. I'll get my permanent crown in 2 or 3 weeks.

We're having a lot of rain around here from the remnants of hurricane Ida. Five or more inches this morning in some areas but, where we are, we're fine. Early this morning, not only was it raining but the wind was blowing. It's kind of scary when I think that we don't know what it's doing outside during the night while we're sleeping. Sometimes I don't even hear thunder.

We got a call from the man painting our house at Lake Oconee -- seems the sewage is backing up -- probably from the rain. That happened once before -- I was there when it happened before and, believe me, you could not stay inside the house. I hope Mark can get somebody to take care of it long-distance because he's in no shape to be dealing with plumbing.

Anyway, yesterday and today haven't been the best of days...and tomorrow isn't looking great either...but we'll make it through. We always do.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment