Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Reading List

I can't compete with all the book bloggers out there who read hundreds of books every year but here's my list for 2010. I'll add to it as I read (you can access this post from a link under "Go here for...") I don't really do reviews but if you see anything I've read that you'd like to know more about, please ask and I'll give you my opinion. I also have a list on Facebook and I sometimes add a few thoughts there. Some of these books go right back on Paperbackswap after I've read them -- so if you're a member of PBS, look me up (LIS859). And, if you decide to join PBS, please consider clicking on the PBS link (on the right-hand side). I will get a couple of credits if you join that way!!

FICTION:

An Echo in the Bone
The Lace Makers of Glenmara
The Gargoyle
A Black Englishman
Jane Eyre's Daughter
The Little Stranger
The Botticelli Secret
The Virtuoso
The Welsh Girl
The Shack
Abandon the Night
Embrace the Night Eternal
Beyond the Night
Heat Wave
Cottage By the Sea
Confessions of Pagan Nun
Watermark
Consequences
The Courtier's Secret
Sarah's Key
Stone Heart
The Rose of Sebastopol
St. Patrick's Gargoyle
The House at Riverton
A Reliable Wife
Those Who Save Us
Companions of Paradise
The Queen's Dollmaker
Marrying Mozart
The Endless Forest
Farewell, My Queen
The Kommandant's Girl
The Diplomat's Wife



NON-FICTION (I don't tend to read non-fiction cover-to-cover -- I usually just look up specific things -- but occasionally I'll read the whole thing -- or, at least, start it with that intention):

Royal Panopoly
Embrace Grace (Bible Study)
Same Kind of Different as Me (Book Club/Bible Study)



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment