Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Here I go again...

Last May, when American Idol ended and I was dismayed by the outcome, I swore that I would not watch AI again because I tend to get way too involved. I suppose I should have taken AI off the 'season pass' on TiVo, but I didn't, so the first show of the new season recorded last night And, well, once it recorded, what was I supposed to do? Delete it? Yeah. Right.

So, once again, a parade of folks who think they can sing, sprinkled with a few who actually can, flashed across the screen.

I haven't watched every season of AI. I started watching in the middle of the first season, then watched the next two, then burned out awhile and didn't watch at all. But, a couple of years ago, I started watching again -- and all was under control until Adam Lambert auditioned and I picked him immediately to win the competition. And, although he ended up second to Kris Allen, I think we all know who the real winner is. I like Kris well enough but Adam, oh, Adam... Yeah, I still got it bad and that ain't...a problem, as far as I'm concerned. But I may be seriously deluded.

But I have good reasons for watching this year -- or so I'm telling myself. Simon Cowell says this will be his last season on AI (although he'll be on another show -- The X-Factor -- next year). I want to see how Ellen Degeneres, with no musical background, handles the critiques of contestants. I want to hear Randy saw "dawg". And Kara? Well, she's yet to win me over -- and I already miss nutty Paula.

Well, I guess I could be watching worse things. And I think I have. But, at the same time, with all the horrid stuff going on in the world, it's actually not such a bad thing to have a ready-made escape, like AI, which requires no deep thought, can make me laugh and, if the winner is the wrong one, make me cry. For the record, I didn't cry last year. I was too numb.

This is where you might want to say step back, girlfriend...

Ah, well. Here I go again. I doubt if you could stop me. Probably the only thing that could would be Adam Lambert showing up for a private concert...

Two out of three of us living here would be delighted. And, yes, Shannon, I'll call you immediately...




Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't of said it all better myself. I swore after last season that I wasn't watching again, but I am. I can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete