Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Friday, February 5, 2010

I guess Grumpy is better than Dopey...

It's a rainy, chilly day here in my part of Georgia. Anybody who knows me knows this is my favorite kind of day. In fact, if it were colder, it would be even better. I'm sure there are others who share my point-of-view but I seldom here anything but the desire for warmer weather. Yeah, the flowers blooming in the spring are beautiful but I still prefer winter. I think it fits my leave-me-alone-and-let-me-do-my-own-thing personality.

There's an out-of-town volleyball game tomorrow. I'm trying to get myself psyched about it but am having a hard time. I love watching Carrie play but I'm just not in the mood for traveling or sitting all day long. I'm the team mom this year -- I've done it twice before -- but, for whatever reason, the parents this time are not as cooperative as they really should be. Which means I'll end up taking up the slack -- which I don't mind doing -- it's just time and money, after all. I've actually thought about resigning but nobody else would do it so I'll try to muddle through. It'll be over in April and then I'm free. I'll miss watching Carrie play but won't miss the early morning out-of-town drives.

This is Super Bowl Sunday -- and an excellent opportunity to describe the difference between ignorance and apathy -- I don't know and I don't care. If someone invited me to a Super Bowl party, I'd respectfully decline. Nothing personal, you understand -- I just dislike football intensely. And baseball. And golf. And pretty much anything else that involves a ball, other than throwing one to a dog. And they don't really give a flying fig about one either. They're more into tug of war. The big dog always wins but they haven't figured that out yet -- or either they know it's not whether you win or lose but how you play the game. Which is with a lot of vocalizing -- I thought I heard one of them actually say a word this morning. In English. I don't know -- it could have been the bird. I've heard him bark, then laugh about it.

I'm having a hard time getting through the book I'm reading -- The Endless Forest. It's not the story or the writing -- they are both excellent -- but there are some characters' plotlines I'm barely remembering -- Martha, for one. And Ethan. If anybody can help me out, just give me a holler. If not, I may have to trudge upstairs and look through the previous books. I guess this is why people re-read but, if I did that, I'd never read a new book. I love the character of Nathaniel Bonner in this series -- he's one of my favorites along with Jamie Fraser (Outlander) -- even if he is an "old man" now. If I could have another child and it was a boy, I'd beg to name him Nathaniel. But it's not going to happen -- can anybody say 50 and no working parts left? Well, there's always a future dog to be named -- I guess if I can name one Daphne, I can name one Nathaniel. There's always a story about why I name dogs what do -- I've passed this trait on to my eldest -- and probably the other two, as well. If I ever name a dog "Prince" or "Fluffy", you'll know the end is near.

Well, I'm going to try to have a good weekend -- I'm working up to it. Hope y'all have a good one!


Bookmark and Share

1 comment: