Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Friday, March 7, 2008

Fancy That

I'm an author in search of publication - and maybe one day, I'll get there if I can ever get off my lazy you-know-what and step up the effort. I seem to be happier writing than in seeking to be published. And maybe there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe that's my lot in life. But I've promised myself, once the wedding is over with (my daughter's), I will try harder. Anyway, as previously posted, I have several novels which I will, over time, try to get published but I also have several stories which are available for reading right now. Just pop over to my forum, if you'd like to take a look (the link is above). Some of them, though, are adult in nature -- so, in order to read them, you'll have to be a member of my forum and I'll have to add you to the private userlists -- all of those instructions are down in the Technical help section on the message board.

At the moment, I am writing and posting a story called FANCY. It's another one of those that's been in my head for years. It has also been the hardest to translate into actual words. That is until I realized I wasn't listening to one of the characters enough. Once I heard that voice, writing became much easier. It's pretty bad when fictional characters have to fight to be heard.

Anyway, this blog really plays second fiddle to my forum, so please feel free to drop in over there, at any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment