Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Thursday, March 6, 2008

My 2008 Reading List

I've seen other people keep a list of all the books they've read within a year and I thought I'd give it a shot for 2008. I think it will be interesting, when the year is done, to see all the "places I went" and "people I met". It's only March but I'm having to really think hard about what I've already read this year -- my mind is, apparently, a sieve. I'm also a slow reader -- well, not exactly. When I'm reading, I read quickly but I tend to read only at night, right before bed -- half the time, the book falls out of my hand and hits the floor (too bad the light doesn't go off when that happens!!). I really should make an effort to carve out some time during the day to just sit and read. I've started my list (to the right) and I'll add to it as I read. Ah...so many books, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment