Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Thursday, October 9, 2008

In God's Capable Hands

I've pretty much had my fill of politics. I don't think -- unless something comes out that's really BIG -- that there's really anything new to be said. Most people have already made up their minds -- or had their minds made up for them.

Here are a few last things that concern me (not that I'm promising never to write about politics again):

*People who have just now registered to vote but have no real idea about issues.

*People who think that voting for a certain person will mean that they will "get" something. Entitlement, anyone?

*People still slinging mud about the way people -- especially women -- talk, dress or look. My Lord, haven't we made any progress with this? If you don't like someone's politics, then don't vote for them but leave gender out of it. I would hate for someone to decide what I'm worth because of how I look. My brain has nothing to do with my dress size, hairdo or choice of clothing.

*Folks name-calling because of the way someone votes. Please stop. I'm not stupid, deluded or uneducated. I've thought carefully about what platform I believe in. No, I don't agree with everything -- but I have to go with what appeals to me the most (see topic "Why I am a Republican")

*The notion that the wealthy should support the less wealthy. Newsflash -- they already do.

*I still scratch my head over the total lack of humor. Lighten up, people! Yes, there are horrible things going on in this country and all over the world -- and they always have and will. Not laughing is not going to make things any better.

No matter what, it's not the end of the world and, as far as I'm concerned, it's in God's capable hands now. He knows what's best -- even though sometimes that involves a good butt-kicking.

Whether it's my butt or yours remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment