Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Sunday, February 15, 2009

Paperback Swap

I recently came across Paperback Swap -- I've thought about selling books on sites like half.com or Amazon but I've never gotten around to it but I thought I'd give this new site a try. Basically, you list the books you want to swap and, for each one you send out, you get a credit which you can then use on any other book listed. The sender pays the postage (for paperback books, it's usually a little over $2). When you request a book, you pay nothing. Sort of one of those you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours kind of deal. I think it could be a good way to stock up on books while ridding yourself of those you no longer want and which are taking up valuable space (which you can use for more books!!) Of course, your success depends on whether someone wants what you've listed -- but, if they don't, you haven't lost anything -- and you can remove any book you've listed at any time. The site says that in the future, they will probably have to charge yearly dues, but, right now, it's free -- so it's a good time to give this a go.

4 comments:

  1. I love Paperback Swap!! I've been a member there for over a year and I have gotten so many books from there it is ridiculous - plus I've gotten rid of a lot of books I didn't want (mostly old ones from my daughter). There's a great historical fiction discussion forum there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great place to "give and get". It'll be fun to give it a try and see what happens. I've only put 10 books on there -- and got two credits just for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Make sure to use the wishlist feature! I've gotten tons of books I thought I never would've gotten. Enjoy!
    -Almost 3mil books available

    ..ps they have a referral program for members you should post a referral link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks -- I've got to check out all of the features!!

    ReplyDelete