Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

To all in the US, anyway -- and to everyone else, even if you celebrate on a different date.

I'm not a very sentimental person so the mush of Mother's Day is just not for me -- as long as I don't have to cook, I'm good. And as long as I get my usual Sunday nap, I'm better.

Giving birth is not what turns you into a mother -- it's the blood, sweat, tears and love which do that -- genetics play a very small part, really, when you get down to the nitty-gritty. I've been a mother for over 24 years now. And will be one for the rest of my life.

The word "grown" means nothing when you're talking about your children. You may -- if you're wise -- step back and let them live their own lives but, somewhere inside, they will always be little ones. Funny how that works -- and funny how they will never understand that until they have children of their own. When they have that "aha" moment and understanding descends on them like a warm blanket.

So, all you mothers out there -- and all of you who mother in other ways -- have a wonderful, peaceful day!

2 comments:

  1. I did not have to cook so I am happy! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any day I don't have to cook is Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete