Welcome to LIS!!

summer photo summer3_zpss1lsq81m.gif
As an aspiring writer, I blog about whatever happens to move me at the moment -- though some posts contain serious content, my big-picture goal is to bring a little humor into an often humorless world! Welcome, y'all, and make yourself at home! Please make sure you update your bookmarks!


When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger...Epictetus





Monday, May 11, 2009

Mondays

I like Mondays.

I know a lot of people don't because it means the weekend is over and they have to go back to work. But as a non-working (outside the home, that is) wife and mother, Mondays mean I have the house to myself again. Just me and the furry (and one feathered) critters.

Monday usually means that I don't have anything on my agenda, either. I try not to schedule any appointments (for me or anyone else) on Mondays (or Fridays), preferring to use the three middle days of the week for all of that. Sometimes it doesn't work and I have to schedule something, anyway, but, if I work it just right, Mondays are free and clear.

Today is a pretty good day. The weather is just as I like it -- cloudy with a good chance of rain -- and I've even heard a rumble or two of thunder. The phone has not rung -- so far -- always a good thing. I should have time this morning to edit the latest chapter of Blue and, hopefully, get it posted. If I buckle down, I may even be able to get another chapter written today, too. If I really buckle down, I'll exercise today -- something which has been totally lacking lately.

And, tonight, David Lee Smith is on CSI:Miami.

A very good Monday, indeed.

6 comments:

  1. I just love your blog and I gave you an award just to let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just too sweet! My first (and maybe only) award ever! I think I'm supposed to post it now?!! I'm so ignorant about these things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, post it! Brag to the world and pass it on to some of your favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see Adam's performance tonight? I wish he were not gay and I was not almost old enough to be his slightly older sister.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you trying to make those of us who work outside the home jealous? Just kidding. I would like to be home though. I keep waiting on the Lord for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that's me...slightly older sister...

    Hi, Jennifer -- yeah, it's the battle between the stay-at-homes and the working moms! Seriously, you gotta' do what you gotta' do -- and I've been blessed that I was able to make that choice. Looks like you've got a book coming out that I'll have to read!

    ReplyDelete